Wednesday 1 June 2011

Mushroom Pâté


A while ago I made a mushroom pâté for some friends, and it proved a big hit, so when trying to make something interesting to add to my breakfasts this week, I suddenly thought of mushrooms. I couldn’t remember exactly what went into the pâté I made earlier, but I am fairly sure it included mushrooms and cream cheese, so this is my own take on the matter. I have tested it on some bread and in my lunch salad, and both worked very well. I am sure it could also be used for other things. 


½ tablespoon butter
80g leeks
2 cloves garlic
270g chestnut mushrooms
freshly ground sea salt & black pepper to taste
200g cream cheese
1 tablespoon fresh parsley

Finely chop the leeks in a food processor. Heat the butter in a saucepan and add the chopped leeks. Sauté while you finely chop the mushrooms in the food processor. Add the mushrooms to the pan, and also add salt and pepper to taste. Leave to simmer until the mushrooms are cooked and have turned a darker colour.

Spread the mixture thinly in a tray or on a plate, so that it cools down. When it is cool, add the cheese and mix well until you have got a smooth paste. Taste, add more spices if necessary, and finally add the parsley. It can be either sprinkled on top or stirred into the pâté.

The pâté will keep, refrigerated, in an airtight container for approximately 4 to 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment