Friday 3 June 2011

Quick Dill-Coated Polenta


I was very lazy last night; I came home late from work, and couldn’t really be bothered cooking anything. The only problem was that I was starving hungry, so something had to be done. As I was rummaging through my food-cupboard I discovered a packet of ready made polenta, and it turned out that I also had some frozen vegetables in the freezer. After some further investigation I decided on dill and parmesan to go with the polenta. The result was surprisingly tasty, and I ended up with a very enjoyable meal.

Serves 2 or 3 as a main course


1 packet ready made polenta (500g) or a similar amount if you make your own from scratch
2 tablespoons fresh dill
½ teaspoon ground sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon dried chilli
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil

Slice the polenta into 1cm thick slices. Place these in a bowl, and cover with chopped dill, salt, pepper and chilli. Grate the parmesan, and sprinkle it over the polenta. Distribute the herbs, spices and cheese evenly around the polenta, and drizzle the oil over it all. Make sure all the polenta is covered, and leave it to marinade for 30 minutes or so (the longer you leave it the better the flavour, you could even leave it overnight if possible).

Place the polenta in a warn frying pan, pour the remaining marinade over it, and fry on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes on each side.

This can be served with any number of side dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment