Thursday 7 April 2011

Fresh Birch Leaf Tea

I’ve just made myself this year’s first cup of fresh birch leaf tea. And it was delicious. After foraging earlier this morning I have come back home for a well deserved break in the sun, and for a refreshing cup of tea. While the kettle boiled I chose 6 tender young leaves, and my favourite mug, and as soon as the water reached boiling point I carefully and with great excitement poured water onto the birch leaves.  I left the tea to develop for about 10 minutes before drinking. The result was a delicately flavoured light green tea, perfect for such a warm day. 

As with all herbal teas, don’t exaggerate your intake but drink in moderation.


 
To make 1 small cup of tea:
6 fresh birch leaves
boiling water

Leave to develop for 10 minutes before drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment