Monday 1 April 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 21

I haven't really done much today, apart from sleep and eat, and read my book for a little while. I had a delicious salad for breakfast/lunch; the remaining spinach leaves, some red pepper, tomatoes, courgette, and a whole avocado. I may have had an after-breakfast nap before heading out to feed my friend's cats - two beautiful and gentle little boys.

Having arrived home I played with my own kittens, a proper cat-day today. Then it was dinner time, and I rustled up a hearty vegetable soup with the rest of my onion, the rest of the frozen broccoli and cauliflower from week 1, some frozen sweetcorn (also from week 1), 4 carrots, a courgette, a red pepper, the rest of my swede, 2 tablespoons tomato purée, 2 teaspoons bouillon, a handful of dry red split lentils, and enough water to submerge it all. I brought it all to the boil, and then let it simmer for about 40 minutes until it was soft. And the best thing - there's enough leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

I can't believe today is the end of week three, which means that I've already completed three quarters of the challenge! Only one more week to go and I can eat whatever I'd like!


If you would like to help by sponsoring the clean water project in Meru, Kenya, please go to  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

1 comment:

  1. Not long now... that could make it the hardest week

    ReplyDelete