Wednesday 13 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 2

Day two of my fundraising challenge was decidedly easier than the first one. Not that yesterday was bad, but  I did have time to reflect on my lack of afternoon snack yesterday, something that did not happen today. Work was so busy I only just had time for lunch, (vegetable soup, same as on day 1 but with the addition of 2 tablespoons of ready cooked yellow peas) and the afternoon flew by. When I finally got to sit down I realised I was absolutely starving, and I hurried home.


I had intended to bake my potatoes in the oven, but being very very hungry I microwaved them instead, and had instant food, which I was very grateful for. I added a couple of tablespoons each of ready cooked yellow peas and of sweetcorn, and a tablespoon of tomato purée for colour. It was delicious. The topping went in the microwave for the last minute with my 3 potatoes. 

I now feel quite content and sleepy, will just have a mug of hot water before bedtime. Hopefully tomorrow will be just as easy. 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on day 2 Ulla.
    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete