Thursday 14 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 3

I have to admit that I've struggled a bit today. It's been one of those miserable days when nothing has been achieved, I've felt horrible, the weather turned bad again, and to top it all off a bird fell down my chimney and traumatised both me and my kittens. Not sure that poor bird had such a good day either. Normally I would have made myself a cup of hot chocolate to comfort myself, but that was not an option today. Although I have to say I was sorely tempted. But I was good and I resisted. Instead I microwaved a potato (I figured I was allowed since I hadn't had my lunch yet, and my only refreshment had been a mug of bouillon earlier in the morning) and gnawed my way though it while watching a film.I felt a bit better after having my potato, and watching a film that was really a bit too scary for my whimpish self, and I got on with the day for a while, until I realised it was dinnertime.

I enjoyed a bowl of baked potatoes topped with a tablespoon of tomato purée and a good helping of ready cooked yellow peas for my dinner. Not very exciting, I know, but still tasty and filling. I have to say that that tomato purée has proved to be a saviour so far. Not sure the food would have been very satisfactory without it.

Now all I have to do is manage until bedtime without caving in and having chocolate. (There's a petrol station very (un)conveniently located across the street.)




1 comment: