Friday 22 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 11

Day 11 started in the usual way, with a mug of hot bouillon. By mid morning I was feeling quite hungry, but luckily I had brought a few carrots with me to work, in case of snackage needs. I munched my way through three carrots, and then finally it was lunchtime. It was a freezing cold day, and somehow the office never got warm, even though the heating was on full. The stew I had brought with me was deliciously warm and filling though, and warmed me up much more than the mugs of hot water I had been drinking throughout the morning. Sadly this was the last of the stew I made the other day, so no more ready-made meals.


When I got home I was running a bit late; work was busy and I couldn't leave as early as I had planned. The reason I needed some time was that I had promised to make cake for a friend who needed it the day after, and I was supposed to deliver it by 8pm. So there was nothing else to do than to rush into the kitchen and start baking. I grabbed three potatoes and baked them in the microwave, and ate them while baking. Not ideal, but necessary in the circumstances.

Finally the cake was ready, prettily decorated and securely packed, and off I went to deliver it to my friend's house. There I was warmly greeted and the cake taken off my hands. Of course I was then roped into looking at some faulty plumbing, so it was quite late by the time I finally got home and could dive into bed.

If you would like to help by sponsoring the clean water project in Meru, Kenya, please go to  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

2 comments:

  1. How is plumbing while you have a half empty system yourself Ulla?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was ok, although I didn't actually manage to fix the problem - it requires a gas-person. :-(

    ReplyDelete