Sunday 24 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 13

What a lovely relaxing day this has been. I've done absolutely nothing useful at all, just read my book all day long, while grazing on leftovers from yesterday.

Dinner was eaten quite late, there having been quite a bit of leftovers to get through. Also I wasn't really paying attention to the clock. But eventually I made my way into the kitchen where inspiration struck and I made quite a colourful dish.


I used half an onion - sweated in a little water, 1 teaspoon bouillon, 3 tablespoons tomato purée, and a handful of tomatoes. This was simmered in a frying pan until it was all cooked through and soft, and while I cooked a few slices of swede in some water, and reheated a ball of the lentil&pea mixture I still had left from yesterday. It was quite tasty, and may be replicated on another day.


I also had a bit of a treat today; a tin of mandarin segments. It was absolutely delicious, and just what I needed at the end of the week.

If you would like to help by sponsoring the clean water project in Meru, Kenya, please go to  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

No comments:

Post a Comment