Saturday 23 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 12


Day 12! I'm amazed I've made it this far! Only two more days and I've made it to two weeks, and half-way in my challenge.

So far today I've been stuck by my computer, and feel like I haven't really achieved anything. All I've done is munch my way through a handful of carrots and a mug of bouillon, plus a whole thermos-flask full of hot water. But now I'm finally about to make my dinner....

...and what a lovely dinner it was. I boiled 200g rice, enough for there to be leftovers for lunch tomorrow. In another saucepan I  boiled a handful each of yellow split peas and red split lentils. And finally I also cooked a pan full of carrots (two of them), half an onion, and a tin of green peas. I simmered these in some water until they were all soft. I assembled it all by laying out some spinach leaves, placing some rice in a small bowl and turning it out onto the leaves. Then I placed a tomato on top for decoration. The carrot-mix was then scooped up and placed along the other side of the plate, and three quenelles of the pea-mixture added. I don't think it looks too bad? And it certainly tasted good.


If you would like to help by sponsoring the clean water project in Meru, Kenya, please go to  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

1 comment:

  1. This looks tempting to someone who isn't even on the challenge Ulla

    ReplyDelete