Saturday 16 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 5

Because I got out of bed a bit late today, and I was meeting a friend in town; I decided to have my breakfast on the go. I do realise that some people may think I'm slightly loopy, but it seemed like a good idea, and it also seemed to work quite well; I microwaved a potato while getting my boots and jacket on, then stuck the burning hot potato in my mitten, and set off for town (had lovely warm hands while walking). It's only a 20 minute walk, so by the time I got there the potato was just the right temperature for eating. And as it happened I arrived before my friend did, so I had time to start munching my potato while waiting for him to arrive. Of course when he arrived he looked at me as if I was completely crazy, standing there munching away at my potato, but never mind....

When I got home I was quite cold and a bit tired, so decided to have a little nap. And lovely it was too. Upon waking I had a huge mug of steaming hot bouillon and a couple of baked potatoes - not much variety in my food today, but will do better tomorrow.



To sponsor the clean water project in Meru, Kenya, go to  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

2 comments:

  1. Some days you're not eating any protein Ulla...
    Is this making you tired?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always tired, it can't be helped, but yes, I do feel worse when I'm not eating enough protein. Have just boiled a fresh batch of peas, so will be making up for it in the next few days :)

    ReplyDelete