Sunday 17 March 2013

Eat & Drink for £1 a day - 28 Day Challenge - Day 6

After sleeping in and then reading my book in bed for a while, I finally got up in the early afternoon. Having had such a relaxing morning I wasn't really hungry, so I decided to just have a mug of hot bouillon at that point, and do the eating later. The rest of the day was spent reading and playing with my kittens, and before I knew it it was early evening.

I've felt that the last few days' food has been quite bland-looking, so I tried to make it look a bit more exciting today. It still contains my few staple ingredients, but at least I've managed to make it look a little bit more inviting than before.

I used 1 potato, 2 broccoli florets, 5 bits of carrots, and a tablespoon of boiled yellow peas. There's also a squirt of tomato purée mixed with a little water, which the broccoli rest on. The potato was sliced julienne style and baked in the oven to make it a bit different from previous days. The tips got a little brown, but were perfectly edible. What the whole thing could have done with was some gravy, but alas that was not to be had today.



To sponsor the clean water project in Meru, Kenya, go to  http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=stopcocks

No comments:

Post a Comment